Bathroom Remodels In Temecula: Elderly People Can Age In Their Places Comfortably!
We all age, but the process of aging becomes quite clear when some elderly person in your home prefer to use available house facilities rather than shifting and living in some nursing or assisted living places. Our homes are not designed to take care of elderly people and that’s why after some point of time you need to take the assistance of professional Temecula remodeling house contractors.
Bathrooms are the most essential areas in everyone’s houses, but they are also one of the risky parts where an elderly can either slip n shower or finds difficulty to climb inside the bath-tub. Especially, patients who are in wheelchairs find its extremely challenging to reach lighting fixtures, sinks, cabinet storage etc.
A consultation with contractors of bathroom remodels in Temecula can give you a home, which matches up with the requirements of every age-group members existing in your family. Following are few tips which are recommended or used by these contractors to avoid any bathroom mishaps in future:-
• Design of tubs or showers are several but you must go for the installation of a basic-stand-up shower with a slip-free base or for the curb less showers (do not have the tiny ledge along the shower edge) to avoid tripping while entering in the shower. A walk-in tub comes at a premium price and lets you have the luxury of a hot bath.
• If you have seniors’ citizens in your home, the most common problem faced by them is to access several essential bathroom facilities which are not positioned as per their usage. For example, you should install a new toilet seat which is somewhere in between 17 and 19 inches in height from the floor for the elderly to stand up or sit down comfortably.
• Contractors of a bathroom remodel in Temecula recommends installing wall-mounted sinks rather than those which are dropped into a vanity as you grow old. Such sinks create sufficient space for wheelchairs elderly patients.
• If you want you can also opt for creating split-level sink countertops which will benefit both those who are seated in wheelchairs and those who can brush while standing. If the split-level sink is not your preference contractors prefer installing adjustable countertops (to adjust heights as per your situation).
• Other bathroom remodeling adjustments you can consider are- update lighting for clear vision above the sink and when you are inside the shower, use drawers with U-shaped drawer pulls instead of cabinets, widen your bathroom doors to comfortable maneuver with walkers, install grab bars by the toilet or inside the shower etc.
The best benefit to taking the assistance of Temecula remodeling experts is that you can own a perfect mix of beautiful and fully-functional elderly people bathroom. You do not have to visit a bathroom which looks like bland hospital one.