Causes and Diagnosis For Lower Back Pain By Painfree Maverick
We can only marvel at the power our spine provides us with, so considering it as an organ is a bit murkier, it plays a vital role as our body’s information superhighway and an integral ancillary part which is responsible for creating the sensory and motor functions of the human body. It performs important role in supporting head, shoulders, torso and leg bones. The nervous system comprises of the brain and the spinal cord, the spinal cord is made up of soft tender tissues and ligaments which are then protected by a boney structure called vertebrae, any harm to this structure or any disc of the spinal column can give significant trauma to your entire body resulting in unbearable lower back pain which gives a call for immediate medical evaluation.
Lower back pain in the medical terms is described as the pain persisting in the lumbar region that can range from a dull ache in the back to a stabbing sensation making it difficult for an individual to move around and it requires a checkup from a health care professional who can confirm with his diagnosis whether it’s a muscle strain, sciatica or risk herniation or a serious injury to the underlying ligaments and tissues.
Common reasons for lower back pain are enlisted below: -
1. Sedentary Jobs: The type of work you perform has a direct impact on your spine. While sitting in the same position for long working hours, a tremendous amount of pressure is exerted on the spine which results in lower back pain, stiffness in the neck area, frozen shoulders and many such kind of discomfort.
2. Backpack: The backpack, purse or the briefcase that you carry regularly to your workplace also exerts a pressure on your spine. Refrain from carrying heavy backpacks for longer duration of time.
3. Workout: Weight lifting, and intense body workout can also result in excruciating pain in your lower back. Always workout with a trained professional to avoid any injury to the spine.
4. Body posture: As always said, body posture plays a major role in proper functioning of the spine. Correct body posture helps to release the pressure from the spinal curve and strengthens it.
5. Disk herniation: A problem with a rubbery disc between the spinal bone or a slipped or ruptured disk causes severe lower back pain, disk herniation can be caused due to any traumatic event such as falling from height or getting stabbed with a knife. Most of the disk herniation is observed in old age people who possess lower water contents in the spinal disc as a result of which the disc shrinks in its size and the gap between them narrows.
6. Chronic conditions: Spinal stenosis or vertebral fractures refer to the chronic conditions that can cause lower back pain, spinal injuries can also result in chronic pain.
Individuals who are at a constant risk for lower back pain can be:
• Obese people: The extra amount of fat deposition in the body of an obese person exerts tremendous pressure on the spine.
• People with sedentary jobs: IT professionals, clerks, accountants, researchers and other professionals who spend long working hours sitting in one place.
• Weight lifters: Heavy weight lifters and body builders are at a constant risk of getting lower back pain.
Extreme back pain requires special diagnosis by an experienced physiotherapist such as the pain free Maverick, who has started a pain free revolution and has achieved lower back pain relief in Brooklyn.
The founder is a renowned physiotherapist who specializes in neuroscience, pain diagnostics, neuro-corrective training, osteopathic manipulations and a therapeutic practitioner who leads the DIY pain free revolution by placing people in a self healing process. There are demonstration videos featuring lower back pain exercises in Brooklyn. Free telehealth appointment and counseling can be booked online and they don't require any kind of prescriptions.
So, if your are suffering from extreme lower back pain then you must know that Pain free Maverick is just a call away.