Zintro has made introductions to Experts with consult fees as high as $1,000 per hour. Typically, consult fees are in the $100 to $300 per hour range.
Will Experts have an initial call for free?
Many Experts (in just over half of the cases) are willing to have an initial call for FREE. Is there a larger follow-on opportunity for the Expert?
- If the answer is yes, then it is not unreasonable to ask the Expert to do the initial screening call for free.
- If the answer is no, then you should plan on paying the Expert.
Assuming you will be paying the Expert, how much should you offer?
- How competitive is the space? If you receive 20 responses from qualified Experts, then you have a lot more leverage. Also, Experts typically will include a rate in their response. This can provide some guidance.
- How valuable is the information to you? If the Expert’s fee is immaterial to the overall value of the project on which you are working, then offering a reasonable rate will increase both the quality and quantity of respondents.
Should you offer a fee with the Inquiry or wait until you receive responses?
- Again, this depends on your urgency and the value of the information to you. If you are in a hurry it is very important that you draw in the best Experts, then offer a Fee. You can do this by going into “Advanced Options” on the Inquiry form. Doing so WILL increase quality and quantity because it sends a clear message that you have budget.
- If you would prefer to wait until you see what responses you get, you can send an Inquiry without an offer.