I did an successfull on-site project in Turkey
I arrived in Cayeli / Rize, Turkey in late April. I spent six days working with an underground copper mine for the purpose of evaluating their current tire program. The visit included:
* Analysis of the existing contract with the tire service provider
* Analysis of tire performance records for the year 2013 and the first quarter of 2014. A report of pertinent findings was generated.
* A tour of the underground operations to inspect tires in service as well as operating conditions within the mine.
* A visit to the tire service providers operations to inspect tire repair practices and products available. Some helpful suggestions were offered.
* At the end of the visit, a PowerPoint presentation of all of my findings, along with suggestions for improvement, was presented to a group of key mine site supervisors.
I believe the visit was a great success. The management team complemented me on the presentation. Also, in following up on the suggestions offered, I was told that they are already implementing some of my suggestions.